Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is it harder to get a screenplay to Hollywood or a book to publication?

I had a good idea that would either make a great book or a movie, not really a Hollywood movie but maybe a made for tv movie like on Lifetime or something like that but which one would be easier to break into?Is it harder to get a screenplay to Hollywood or a book to publication?Wow, I am in the exact same predicament as you! From what I've heard in the past, both paths are very difficult, but the screenplay one is nearly impossible unless you know someone. Fortunately, there are a lot of people in California and almost everyone out there knows someone who knows someone else.



UNfortunately, we can not all pack our bags and move to L.A, so I'm not really sure what to suggest. Personally, I would go with the book route for now. Once you get published, you will have a much, much easier quest in finding someone who is willing to adapt the novel for the big-screen.



Anyway, good luck and I seriously share your pain. (Plus whenever I read through my manuscript, it seems like all my "descriptions" are actually stage directions -- and I'm worried that a literary agent is going to feel the same way, but alas! I'm willing to take the chance.)Is it harder to get a screenplay to Hollywood or a book to publication?I'm not sure but I had a book published and would love to do a screen play!!!Is it harder to get a screenplay to Hollywood or a book to publication?I'd say writing a book because if you think about it a producer or someone from Hollywood would base a movie off of your book and I'd say the book route is easier. You'll become famous either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment